The Project BG161PO003-2.4.01-0036 „Seafarers’ professional development cluster” – implementation of innovative methods to popularize and promote the maritime work as a possibility for professional development and carrier”.
In 2012 the non-governmental organisation “Seafarers’ professional development cluster” applied for a grant financing under the call for proposals BG161PO003-2.4.01 “Support for the Development of Clusters in Bulgaria” under the Operational program “Development of the Competitiveness of the Bulgarian Economy” 2007-2013. The Application was approved and in 2013 the Grant Contract № BG161PO003-2.4.01-0036-C0001was signed and started the project implementation.
The main goal of the project is to develop efficiently functioning cluster, providing a range of supplementary services, supporting the process of recruitment of seafarers and popularizing and promoting the maritime work.
The main activities of the project are:
- Activity “Participation of the administrative and managerial body of the cluster in trainings and conferences”;
- Activity “Creating database, intranet and internet site of the cluster”;
- Activity “Organisation of visits in EUROCREW and The Nautical Institute;
- Activity “Development of a common strategy for development of the cluster; marketing strategy of the cluster and analysis of the target markets”;
- Activity “Promotion of the name and trademark of the cluster”.
The start of the project was given on 13th September 2013 with press-conference in Radio Varna and ended 24 mounts later with press-conference at the same place on 11th August 2015.
- Elaboration of website – www.seafarers-cluster.org.
- Promotion of the name and trademark of the cluster:
- Press releases;
- Elaboration of informational materials;
- Appearance in online media;
- Elaboration of Information Data Base:
- Marine specialists share professional information about themselves;
- Each member of the cluster has access as a user of the database.
- Exchange of Experience & Know-how:
- Visits to The Nautical Institute, London;
- Visits to Eurocrew, Polish Maritime Cluster, Baltic Ports Organisation, Gdynia Maritime University – Poland.
- Organisation of conferences and seminars, photos here:
- Two seminars – The Key Issues in the Implementation of the Maritime Labor Convention (MLC, 2006) organaised in Varna and Burgas;
- Conferences – Priorities of Maritime Business – safety and security in Bulgaria organaised in Varna and Burgas;
- The Conference Development Priorities of Maritime Business – Varna;